What I Learned In Homestays

 All the students were dropped off at the hotel this evening and there were lots of hugs and tears! Later that evening, during our evening circle time, I posed the question, "What did you learn during your homestays?" Here are their answers:

I am loving and funny! - Jaylen 

I work well with people I don't know very well. - Kira

When Ms Williams said we would cry after homestays, I didn't believe her. Now my eyes are kinda sore. - Teresa

I learned that I have some quick reflexes in Egyptian War and in general!:) - Han

I'm very spoiled. - Mason

I learned that doing work for myself makes me feel fulfilled. - Taddy

I can make relationships without knowing it. - Ethan

I discovered I can tell the full story of Chinese Valentine's Day in Chinese by heard and fluently. - Sophie

I learned I can do hard things by persevering and using my grit and still have fun in the end. - Alexandra

I learned that I can bond with people I never thought I could form connections with, and that joy can be found in unexpected places. - Rory

I learned that I need a place where I can talk freely without judgement from others. - Nora

I learned that I like buying llamas/alpacas and that some cars like sleeping on me. - Margot

Through spending time playing soccer with my homestay family, I learned that soccer is significantly more fun than I remember. - Michael

I learned that I can learn and use the information like Spanish or games effectively (and have fun!). - Eva

I have realized during my stay that we should be grateful for things we have. - Hemansh

A language barrier is not a social barrier - Guhan

I realized that you do not need verbal communication to forge a relationship. - Kanav

I realized that my Spanish is better than I thought. - Ricardo

I learned that I can build a relationship really fast (in 5 days) and learn a new language, only if I put in lots of effort. - Shridhar

I learned that I am able to withstand difficult and unique situations. - Rachel

I realized I am able to face adversity and become a much stronger person. - Charlene

(All three of the chaperones were in tears after reading this list. Your kids are amazing, and we are SO proud of each and every one of them!)
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Have Arrived!

Some photos

Homestays!!